Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Owen's party food


Icecream  cake
I had a lot of fun preparing the party food for Owen's First Birthday party.  I thought it would be a great idea to really put on a show for the kids party with lots of fabulous food. 

The family pulled together nicely with the preparations.  Grandma Penhall made the Cups and saucers, and Smiley face biscuits, Poppy Saunders made sausage rolls, my dearest friend Renae made biscuits decorated with lollies and I made Teddy bear cars, Icecream cake, Orange and poppy seed cake, and Frog in a pond. 


Cups and saucers
 It was not until later I realised how many lollies had been included in each recipe and the thought crossed my mind of parents quietly cursing me for hyperactive kids and never coming to visit ever again.

The day before the party on Friday I decided to put the boys in child care so I could prepare the food.  I hoped to have the strength not to be tempted to eat to much of it too.

So the first thing I did at 6am was to have some smarties for breakfast.  They were delicious.  What a great start for the day!

Tiny teddy's n cars
Then the boys got out of bed too.  I was completely horrified when Jamie gave Charlie a rather large bowl of Smarties before taking him to child care.  I wonder if he was bouncing off the walls when he got there.


Smiley faces

lollies galore

Renae's delicious delectables..

Owen's family dinner bday cake

1 comment:

  1. I actually think you did the best thing - ok, so there were a lot of treats. But as a Cub Leader I Can tell you that there is nothing better than a home party, with lots of home made treats. A lot think they need to take their kids to a venue to have a great party and they dont. A great party can be had, at home and in the backyard.

    ReplyDelete