Saturday, March 5, 2011

Beautiful dutch iris flowers

Dutch iris
During our big walk today I bought some beautiful Dutch Iris bulbs to put in my garden.

First thing, Charlie and I went for a massive walk up Reynell Road, to Biards Rd, to the Happy Valley shops and home again.

On the way up Reynell Rd, there was a man standing out the front of his house watering his garden. He had the most magnificant garden, so I made comment to him about this, and then asked him what some of the flowers were.

I really loved the big pink lilies that stood out. The flowers were massive, at least 15cm in length like big bells hanging of the end of a long stem about 50cm.  The man told me they were a variety of Lily called  Bella lily, Easter lily, Naked Lady and to come back later in Winter to see the Ox eye daisy, apparently also very beautiful.

Naked lady
So when Charlie and I arrived at the shops we went into the garden section of Mitre 10 to see plants and bulbs.

Unfortunately none of those that were in the mans garden were there so instead I bought myself some Dutch Iris bulbs in a variety of colours.

I'm looking forward to putting those in the ground in approximately 4-6 weeks when the weather cools down a little and then watching them grow into the most magnificant flowers.  One of my favourites.

Next time I am at another garden centre I will make an effort to find more beauties like naked lady, bella, and easter lillies.

No comments:

Post a Comment