Thursday, March 1, 2012

Charlie is at Kindergarten

Charlie has started Kindergarten at Chandlers Hill Kindergarten and so is constantly letting me know he is a "big kindy boy Mum and Owen is a childcare boy".  Its wonderful to see him enjoying this experience with a lot of interest and enthusiasm to learn more and make new friends.

I am making his lunches required by Kindy.  I was a bit spoilt at childcare as all of the meals were provided and the kids loved them as a Chef worked there full time and I would often hear from the childcare workers how the boys went back for double servings.  I hope that doesn't say anything about my cooking as they hardly eat their meals.  Anyway, back to meals at Kindy, usually a sandwich, fruit, yoghurt and biscuits.  All health eating and a big bottle of water. 

Upon arrival Charlie finds his name and photo on the wall and on a small table prepares to write his name on a blank peice of paper.  This is a new experience for him, so I often help him by guiding the pencil in his little hand and try to describe the actions.  There seems to be a lot of structure and activities to keep the kids learning all day.  Charlie is always tired at the end of the day too. 

I take him at 8.45am and pick up at 3.00pm, and then we usually do something together.  I am really enjoying the time with just Charlie and I so we can talk and just hang out. Its lovely! 

1 comment:

  1. One of my Scout parents was telling me that the place she had her now 5 year old did kindy as apart of their program and the biggest thing her 5 yr old had to get use to was the change to meal times. He was like "I want something to eat at 9:30, but no - I have to wait till resess and why cant I have lunch as 11:30 like at child care? It's no good waiting for afternoon snack after school at 3:30, coz I am hungry at 2:30!"

    ReplyDelete