Sunday, June 12, 2011

Web programming- CSS, HTML, DHTML, Javascript and PHP ahh

I've decided to go back to university in Internet Communications.  I have been thinking about it for a while, so decided it was the right time now.  I've been applying for a lot of online support officer positions lately and thought the study would really enhance my knowledge and skills.  Plus it always looks good to be working towards and finished a degree. 

So far I am really enjoying it with my first elective Web programming.  I've been put straight into an elective because I have previous experience.  Its really interesting so far, I have finished HTML, XHTML, CSS 2.0, and the next week will be Javascript.  After that it will go into PHP. 

Our first assignment is to design a page with a header, footer, content area and some links to a products page, privacy page, site map etc. I asked my neighbour Tracy if I could use her graphic/design business Gretel Girl as an example, so she sent me the logo and some pictures for my site which I have included in the design.  It is looking pretty good so far.  I sent it to my lecturer who said it was excellent.  Just have to finish the bibliography in a readme.text file. 

Assignment one - Gretel Girl

I am doing my studies online, we have a discussion forum for other students, and access to all of the materials like written notes, and lectures in audio. I find it easier to listen to the lecturers rather than trying to work out what to do from the notes.  In the lectures the lecturer provides explains the notes with examples so this is a lot easier. 

So its about 12 hours a week, but I have put the boys in child care on Wednesday's to study so very greatful for this.  I am really looking forward to learning more about Internet Communications.

No comments:

Post a Comment